Saturday, August 9, 2008

Opening ceremony for the olympics

This was the best show ever! I am so glad that we didn't miss it!
Amazing! Incredible! Magnificent!

This is 2 thousand drummers welcoming friends!





Amazing costumes!



This is a huge roll out TV screen!!

Thousands of performers and everyone only did one performance--no repeat performers



Only NBC has the program rights to the Olympics so I searched their web site to see if they will rebroadcast this event and I couldn't find anything about that. If anyone know if there is a rebroadcast please let me know. It was that amazing!

2 comments:

DS at the well said...

I had been looking forward to the opening ceremony for months only to find out two weeks ago I was working. I was hopeing to catch some of it on a TV at work but no luck, I had 3 behavior problem patients and was too busy to even try and find a TV to look at. I was looking yesterday morning because it really happened yesterday morning early and was rebroadcast in prime time last night but I couldn't find it on the web anywhere. I'm glad you got to see it. The one I remember the most was the one in Sariavo. I'm not sure how many years ago but before the war in that area. The city was pretty much destroyed including the Olympic Venues.

jen said...

Hello there - I'm a random stranger who came across your blog this evening - :)

anywho - I don't think they will rebroadcast it, because I saw them advertising the DVD of the opening ceremony's on NBC this evening. I think they'll try to market it rather than rebroadcast....tis' America afterall.

I missed it as well & would love to see it, but I don't think I'll be forking out any cash to see it...maybe it will end up on utube someday :)

blessings!